Conferences & Events
- American Technology Awards
- Defense Strategic Planning Forum
- Domestic Sourcing Roadshow
- Federal IT Strategic Outlook Forum
- Health IT
- International Defense Forum
- Technology and Government Dinner
- Vision Federal Market Forecast
- West Coast Vision Conference
Order 2012 Vision Conference CD
Offering a long-term forecast of the federal IT (5-year) and U.S. Defense (10-year) markets...read more.
Webinar: Low Cost Domestic Sourcing and Site Selection
Thursday, November 19, 2009
1:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Via Web Conference
What is Low Cost Domestic Sourcing (LCD)?
For over two decades, sourcing for services across both IT and Business Process sectors has gone global. The shift “offshore” has caused vigorous debate among industry, government, and the media on the impact of globalization on U.S. innovation, and the socio-economic effect on the U.S. workforce. In response, IT services providers have been examining ways to deliver more cost effective IT solutions domestically by looking at new U.S. locations as potential sourcing destinations.
TechAmerica Foundation was pleased to host a presentation by Amrita Tahiliani Joshi, President of Ahilia Inc., who provided an overview of how U.S. state governments, government agencies and private companies who are interested in promoting low cost domestic sourcing destinations in their state can:
- Identify which specific locations in their state would be attractive sourcing destinations;
- Identify potential “niche” focuses (skill sets, company type, industry, etc.) that may be appropriate for their specific LCD; and
- Gain a better understanding of the criteria U.S. corporations and Global Service Providers are looking for when choosing a LCD location.
This guide should help private companies:
- Identify specific criteria necessary for choosing an LCD location; and
- Better understand the model and process for choosing an LCD location.
For more information and details, please contact Eerik Kreek at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (703) 284-5316.
As part of a series, future webinars will address:
- Supplementing Your Global Delivery Model with Low Cost Domestic Sourcing
- What You Need to Know when Choosing a Low Cost Domestic Location
- Best Practices in Low Cost Domestic Sourcing
- Finding the Workforce
- Low Cost Domestic Sourcing: Business and Political Environment
The TechAmerica Foundation educates industry executives, policy makers, and opinion leaders on the promise of technological innovation to advance prosperity, security, and general welfare. The foundation is a 501c(3) non-profit non-partisan affiliate of TechAmerica, the leading voice and resource for the U.S. technology industry.
Categories: Conferences & Events
This entry was posted on Saturday, February 6th, 2010 by Jason Langsner.