REAL Commission Report Release
Download the Report
Read the full report:
The TechAmerica Foundation announces the 27 Commissioners appointed to the Recommendations for Education and Advancement of Learning (REAL) Agenda Commission. Led by Dr. David Belanger of AT&T Labs; Dr. Arden Bement Jr. of Purdue University and Dr. Tracey Wilen-Daugenti, of the Apollo Research Institute, the Commission has brought together leaders in education technology from industry and academia to recommend an initial research and policy agenda for Digital Promise.
“Digital Promise” is a national center created by Congress with bipartisan support to advance technologies to transform teaching and learning. It is designed to identify the information and technological needs that will improve all levels of formal and informal learning and education to prepare Americans to compete in the global economy. The REAL Commission report will help to guide the inaugural years of Digital Promise and identify any policy hurdles that inhibit progress.
The commission will submit its recommendations to the Obama Administration’s Chief Technology Officer, Aneesh Chopra, at the end of April that will provide the research direction for the initiative.
The Commission’s inaugural meeting was held on January 19, 2012 in Washington, D.C. with the official unveiling of the report on April 27, 2012 at the Department of Education in Washington, D.C.
|Dave Belanger, Chief Scientist, AT&T|
|Dr. Arden Bement, Director, Global Policy Research Institute, Purdue University|
|Dr. Tracey Wilen-Daugenti, Vice President and General Manager, Apollo Research Institute|
- Mitch Benson, Senior Vice President, Pearson
- Jeff Bergeron, Chief Technology Officer, HP Public Sector
- Katie Blot, Senior Vice President, Blackboard
- Jeff Bohling, Vice President, Civilian, Vangent (a General Dynamics subsidiary)
- Peter Cevenini, Education and Workforce Lead, Cisco
- Mary Cullinane, SVP, Corporate Social Responsibility, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Weili Dai, Co-Founder, Marvell Technology Group
- Breck DeWitt, Education Director, EMC
- Julie Evans, Project Tomorrow
- Elizabeth Grossman, Technology Policy Strategist, Microsoft
- Paige Johnson, Education, State and Local Government Strategist, Intel
- Peggy Johnson, EVP and President, Global Market Development, Qualcomm
- Michael King, Vice President, Global Education Industry, IBM
- Maribeth Luftglass, Chief Information Officer, Assistant Superintendent for IT, Fairfax County Public Schools
- Frank Menchaca, EVP, Publishing, Gale-Cengage Learning
- Mike Patterson, CEO/President, Avant Assessment
- Linda Pittenger, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Lee Ramsayer, SVP, Sales, Monster Government Solutions
- Darryl Ramsey, Public Sector Technical Strategist, Juniper
- Diana Richie, Executive Director, K-12 Education Industry Solutions, Oracle
- Kari Stubbs, Vice President, 21st Century Learning, BrainPOP
- Matt Swayhoover, Director of Learning and Development, SRA Intl.
- Jane Swift, CEO, Middlebury Interactive Languages
- Daniel Wakeman, VP and Chief Information Officer, ETS
- Cheryl Williams, Executive Director, Learning First Alliance
- Jessie Woolley-Wilson, President and CEO, DreamBox
More information can be found at www.techamericafoundation.org/REALAgenda
Director, Executive Education
To learn more about Digital Promise please visit www.digitalpromise.org/?php display_ContentToolbar();?>