Technology and Government
Cloud2 - State & Local
- Defense Strategic Planning Forum
- Federal IT Strategic Outlook Forum
- International Defense & Security Forum
- Vision Conference
- West Coast Vision Conference
Order 2012 Vision Conference CD
Offering a long-term forecast of the federal IT (5-year) and U.S. Defense (10-year) markets...read more.
TechAmerica Foundation – State & Local Government Cloud Commission (SLG-CC)
The Commission is being led by Tarkan Maner, President and CEO of Wyse Technology. Maner is joined by vice-chairs David L. Cohn, Ph.D. Program Director, Smarter Cloud, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center and Cisco’s Public Sector CTO, Daniel Kent.
Tarkan Maner, Chairman
Daniel Kent, Vice-Chairman
David Cohn, Vice-Chairman
Leadership Quotes on SLG – CC
• Commission Chairman Tarkan Maner, President and CEO, Wyse Technology: “The pressures of a struggling economy, reduced budgets, and the need for greater efficiency have led state, local and federal governments globally to promote cloud computing as a solution whenever possible,” said Tarkan Maner,. “For government agencies at all levels, cloud computing is a concept whose time has come. As Wyse, we look forward to collaborating with Tech America and other industry-leading organizations to help states and local governments take advantage of cloud computing solutions to drive optimized services for all citizens.”
• Vice Chairman David L. Cohn, Ph.D., Program Director, Smarter Cloud, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center: “Cloud computing reduces IT complexity, improves flexibility and reduces costs while promoting collaboration within and across governments. IBM, a leader in this technology, is excited to help drive the transition to more efficient and effective constituent services.”
• Vice Chairman Daniel Kent, CTO Public Sector, Cisco Systems, Inc: “Cloud computing holds incredible promise for our state and local governments. Cloud in its’ various forms, SaaS, IaaS, public and private will provide the vehicle to cut IT costs, reduces complexity, and improves agency agility. As agencies transform their IT to this new paradigm, a portfolio of clouds will be leveraged and utilized to meet applications needs and agency policy. This is an exciting time in IT and Cisco is excited to help our government customers along this journey.”
Commission Members for SLG – CC
William (Bill) Clark
W. Wyatt Starnes
Richard W. Johnson
Government Advisors for SLG – CC
Dr. Alan R. Shark
Gina C. Tomlinson
For more information about the SLG Cloud Commission or other related activities, please contact Carol Henton, Vice President, SLG at email@example.com or 650.357.7728 or Michael Kerr, Sr. Director, SLG at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.284.5324.
Categories: Terman Awards Technology & Government
This entry was posted on Monday, August 29th, 2011 by Jason Langsner.