Conferences & Events
- American Technology Awards
- Defense Strategic Planning Forum
- Domestic Sourcing Roadshow
- Federal IT Strategic Outlook Forum
- Health IT
- International Defense Forum
- Technology and Government Dinner
- Vision Federal Market Forecast
- West Coast Vision Conference
Order 2012 Vision Conference CD
Offering a long-term forecast of the federal IT (5-year) and U.S. Defense (10-year) markets...read more.
CLOUD2 Congressional Briefing
September 21, 2011 ~ 1:30 – 3:00 PM ~ Washington, DC
In Conjunction with the U.S. Congressional High-Tech Caucus
Over 150 U.S. Congressional staff and technology industry leaders participated in the first U.S. Congressional briefing on the findings of the TechAmerica Foundation’s Commission on the Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of the Cloud (CLOUD2). The commission’s three-month mandate provided the Obama Administration with recommendations for how government should deploy cloud technologies and for public policies that will help drive U.S. innovation in the cloud.
The commission made recommendations for how government should deploy cloud technologies and address policies that might hinder U.S. leadership of the cloud in the commercial space. Recommendations for government deployment were also presented. Senator Chris Coons (D-DE) and Rep. Doris Matsui (D-CA), Co-Chair of the Congressional High-Tech Caucus, provided additional remarks.
For more information about the Commission on the Leadership Opportunity in U.S. Deployment of the Cloud (CLOUD2) or other related activities, please contact Jennifer Kerber at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.284.5337.
- U.S. Senator Chris Coons (D-DE)
– U.S. Representative Doris Matsui (D-CA) (Co-Chair)
- Michael Capellas, Chairman, VCE – CLOUD2 Co-Chair
– Dan Reed, Corporate Vice President, Technology Policy & Strategy, Microsoft – CLOUD2 Vice-Chair
– Dan Burton, SVP, Global Public Sector, Salesforce.com
– Leif Ulstrup, President Federal Consulting Practice, CSC
– Robin Lineberger, CEO, Deloitte Federal Government Services
– Nick Combs, Federal CTO, EMC
- Kim Hart, Senior Technology Report, POLITICO (moderator)
Discussion Topics: Cyber Security, Privacy, ECPA, Transnational Data Flow, Government Deployment
The Russell Senate Office Building
The Kennedy Caucus Room (SR-325)
Download the Report
- Download the CLOUD2 Report: Cloud First, Cloud Fast: Recommendations for Innovation, Leadership and Job Creation
– Summary Report on CLOUD2
– Cloud Buyer’s Guide for Government or visit CloudBuyersGuide.org to learn more.
Watch the Event
Phil Bond Intro
Rep. Doris Matsui (D-CA)
Phil Bond Intro of Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE)
Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE)
Dan Reed, Corporate Vice President, Technology Policy & Strategy, Microsoft
Michael Capellas, Chairman, VCE
Dan Burton, SVP, Global Public Sector, Salesforce.com
Leif Ulstrup, President Federal Consulting Practice, CSC
Robin Lineberger, CEO, Deloitte Federal Government Services
Nick Combs, Federal CTO, EMC
Kim Hart, Senior Technology Report, POLITICO, Moderates the Q&A of the Panel
Categories: Conferences & Events
This entry was posted on Friday, September 9th, 2011 by Jason Langsner.